The only way we can prevent the spread of this coronavirus is by common agreement. To this end, we have adopted Covid-19-specific measures for all staff, visitors, workshop and seminar participants at Doemens.
Please note in general: If you display signs of a cold such as coughing, sneezing, fever or shortness of breath, please stay home and get well, otherwise we are obligated to send you home. If you have tested positive for the coronavirus or are awaiting test results, please stay home as well as we are not allowed to grant access to you.
In order to ensure that we all feel comfortable at Doemens, please observe the following safety regulations:
- Maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres to other people – also during breaks.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap for at least 20 seconds. There are disinfectants available in the lavatories and corridors.
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging or any contact with others.
- Observe proper coughing and sneezing protocol (cough and sneeze into the crook of your arm, use disposable tissues).
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear approved mouth-and-nose protection whenever a distance of 1.5 metres cannot be maintained. At Doemens, this is obligatory when moving through the corridors, in the lavatories and break areas.
- Bring your own personal protective equipment, in particular your personal mouth/nose protection.
- High-risk areas: The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) provides regular updates to the list of high-risk regions. Regular students as well as seminar participants who have been in a high-risk country according to the RKI (here) at any time during the past 14 days before entering the Doemens premises must present a negative Corona PCR test that was given in the period between returning from that country and entering the Doemens premises. Alternatively, the Doemens premises may only be accessed after a full 14-day quarantine from the time of return to Germany and no corresponding COVID-19 symptoms are evident.
- Seminar documents, laptops, writing utensils, smartphones and all other resources required – including tasting glasses – may only be used by one person. Transfer of such items to other persons must be avoided wherever possible. If this is not possible in exceptional cases, sterile procedure must be adhered to in consultation with the course instructor, e.g. protective gloves or the use of disinfectants.
- Training and break times: In order to minimize the occupancy rate in corridors, lavatories, break areas and the canteen, there will be a staggered schedule.
- Wearing mouth/nose protection is mandatory in a workshop context, as assigned seating at minimum distance is often not guaranteed.
- Canteen: Access is via the front entrance only. When exiting, please use the back door to the courtyard to minimize contact with persons entering the canteen. Social distancing must be maintained at all times – please observe the floor markings. In the canteen, food may only be consumed while seated on the chairs provided; these chairs may not be moved. Food can also be taken to your place of work or seminar area. In the courtyard, seating areas may not be rearranged